Friday 12 October 2012

The Paradise I Call "HOME"

Waking up every day to the peaceful sounds of birds chirping, roosters crowing, the soft murmurs of the people around, the wonderful aroma of freshly brewed coffee and breakfast that’s still cooking, warm sunlight gently seeping through little spaces between my curtain, and knowing everything I would need for the day is readily available to me is my idea of paradise. And Santa Rosa City, a wonderful, small, prospering city in the Province of Laguna is my own little paradise.

Santa Rosa City is the only place I could really call home. I was born here and I’ve spent all my years in this amazing city. I could never forget the memories I’ve made in this city. Staying out under the warm sun, making crowns made out of the most beautiful, colorful and fragrant flowers my girlfriends and I could find outside; making the best mud pies with all my guy friends while still basking in the warmth of the afternoon sun; and trying to climb the tall trees and the aratilis trees to pick out small, sweet and red aratilis fruits. Though we enjoy the splendid climate sunny days may bring, even the rains couldn’t stop our childhood fun! We stay playing and spinning under the big blue sky and taking pleasure on the feeling of warm raindrops touching our faces with the biggest childish smiles imaginable. I could say I had a very fun-filled and exciting childhood here in my hometown.

As a child, I might have believed that my hometown would always stay as I knew it then. Now, I know that as they say, the only constant thing in this world is change. Whether I like it or not, my beloved hometown is bound to change. It has to keep-up with the changes happening around the world. It has to be modernized so it could progress to attain utmost excellence it can achieve as a prospering city.

For my final project, I am going to write about the modernization of Sta. Rosa City. I will dig deeper into the changes that occurred during the past few years in my city and I hope to be able to distinguish the visible and not so known innovations and developments that emerged in my hometown by the end of my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment